Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Remembering Pieces of Dates

So, because I have terrible luck, my conquest didn't end up working out last week.  He is determined to be a wimpy, sexting tease, and I am determined to not care about this bizarre situation anymore.

Randomly today, I found one of my early college crushes on Facebook.  I asked him out once, and we ended up sitting on a cliff by the ocean for our "date" - we played a game where we sang bits of songs to each other and had to guess the band.  Later, he broke down in tears while telling me how he was heterosexually raped by a girl.  "Is that possible?  Can that actually happen?"  I had asked him.  He called me insensitive, but made out with me fifteen minutes later.  I don't remember how our date ended, exactly.  I vaguely recall it was when I still had morals (so like, way early in college) and I told him I wasn't going to have sex with him unless we dated.  Obviously, we didn't date, and I don't remember much else about him.

It's possible that I drank much of my memories away, or that he was generally one of those forgettable crushes.

These days, he's married now (like everyone else) and I remembered that I crushed on him because he looked like one of the guys in The Strokes.  College me was shallow, but loathe to admit it.

God, I miss those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment